Thursday, December 27, 2012

Grain Free, dairy free, egg free Pancakes

One of my latest muses has been working towards less grain in our diets. Yes, we are already gluten-free, but my dear husband seems to be reacting to oats. A friend introduced me to coconut flour a while back and I gotta say it has been a fun addition to our diet. Not only do you increase your fiber without increasing your glycemic load, it's yummy!

Since pancakes and waffles seem to be a weekly necessity at our house, I'm experimenting with a recipe that works with no eggs.  

Ingredients:
1/2 c. coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda (gluten free)
1/4 tsp salt
8 Tbsp warm water
4 Tbsp milled flax seed
3/4 c. coconut milk/almond milk (my favorite is the mixed one)
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp honey or aguave
coconut oil/olive oil

1) Place milled flax seed and warm water in mixer. Whip until frothy.
2) In separate bowl mix dry ingredients together.
3) Gently mix wet ingredients into dry mixture, then add in flax seed mixture.
4) Preheat griddle and lightly grease with oil, drop approximately 3 tablespoons of mixture onto griddle and flatten out to shape pancake. Lightly brown one side then flip and brown second side.
Try them and let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment