Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Some of our story...

In a nutshell, we went through about 7 years and over 21 surgeries and a complete career change during our discovery of what was making my dear husband [and subsequently our children] sick. Part of the problem was gluten enteropathy [intolerance of gluten by the digestive system]... which led to "leaky gut syndrome"... which led to more food allergies.

We were fortunate, we caught his issues before they were at their worse. Then we made changes. And he got better.

Over the years, some of our children have struggled with other food allergies/sensitivities. One has even gone through a bout with juvenile arthritis. Each time we have learned "new" things about health and nutrition and generally eating better.

I have to say that the first 2+ years was just completely overwhelming. We threw a lot of food away. We tried many things... converting recipes, new flours, expensive snacks, "cardboard cereal" [as my children called it], etc.

This is my effort to blog about our experiences... our foods... our emotions... and maybe help someone along the way.

I love helpful comments and love to post others experiences too! I love linking to other sites that have great info!  I just love this bloggy stuff!  So leave me some love and have fun surfing...

Cornbread Girl (Teri)

No comments:

Post a Comment